All trips outside the UK, and any UK trips involving an overnight stay, or air travel, must be registered within the Travel Approval Portal (TRICAP). Registering of such trips is part of the University travel insurance conditions.

Low risk travel
No documents need to be uploaded but travellers are are asked to confirm that travel is judged to be low risk and within the general scope of the Generic Low-Risk Travel Risk Assessment.

Higher risk travel
For some trips where there is higher risk, upload of the Trip-specific Risk Assessment is required  before the trip is authorised. This will apply to a small minorty of trips. These assessments will be reviewed by Security and other units and addditional requirements set, or advice provided, before University level approval for some higher risk trips. It is expected that, in most cases, travellers will normally have discussed proposed trips with the relevant central departments in advance as part of the risk assessment process. 

Although SEPS can provide some advice on risk assessment process we do not have any role in the management of the Travel Approval Portal nor in the approval process within TRICAP. Technical issues involving use of the TRICAP portal should be referred to the Finance Office insurance team.