New Student Checklist
Take a look at our checklist for new students which guides you through what you need to do and when.
Information for new students
Joining us from outside of the UK?
Settle into UofG life:
Download University apps
View and download a range of University apps to stay up to date with your timetable, coursework, fitness, and more!
Sign up to our Online Welcome and Induction platform Glasgow Essentials and learn about what day-to-day student life at the University is like, and what to expect from studying with us.
Find the nearest NHS services, how to register for NHS care and information for students who are travelling from outside Scotland.
Q&A for new students
Join our panel of staff from across the University as they provide useful information and top tips on everything you need to know prior to joining Team UofG (recorded 23 August 2023).
24/7 counselling service
All University students can access the free confidential helpline or use the App to discuss any difficulties they may be facing. Help is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with counsellors on hand to provide guidance and help students work through any concerns.
- Study Abroad registration & enrolment
- International Student Orientation & Welcome
- International Student Support and Visas
- Counselling & Psychological Services
- Local Student Orientation
- Campus Cards
- Student Services Enquiry Team (SSET)
- Got a question? Ask a UofG Student
- Student Services A - Z
- Advice: Absence & Illness, Books and Textbooks, Lecture Times, Timetables
- Academic Inductions
- Digital Accessibility Guidance
- Printing, scanning & copying
- Session dates
- Go Abroad
- Student Learning Development
- Academic and Digital Development
- Videos on studying & student life
- More: Academic, career & personal development